Sunday 16 March 2008

Musical Permission

After hearing from El Disgustingo that you need permission from the musical artists to use their music in a film, I have been sending this rather warm and innocent email to their record labels.


Hi there!

My name is Joanna Graham and me and my friend are planning a short film half made with stop-frame animation, half normally filmed, about a girl who has imaginary friends made from plasticine. Silly, I know, but we were wondering if we could include the song ____ as part of our soundtrack. Please note, we are 16-17 year old students, so it won't be professional or commercial, though it will include full credits!
Thanks for your time,

Joanna Graham

So far, I've sent it to Tilly and the Wall, The Magnetic Fields, Beirut and the Polyphonic Spree. I'm going to stop for tonight, as emailing people is tiiiiiiiring.

No comments: